Monday, March 11, 2024

Venturing Into Another Bridal Shop Or Two...

 Once I went away to college I found other friends that enjoyed looking at bridal magazines and going to bridal shops to try on dresses.  I spent a weekend with my roommate at her house and we decided to go out to a couple shops and play.  She loved the western looking wedding gowns so we were looking for one of those.  We found it in a bridal shop and unfortunately, they did not have her size but they had one in mine so I tried it on.  This was a large bridal shop, and they had me step up on a stage with the mirrors all around and they spread the train out just as a little boy and his dad (?) walked by.  The man told him to watch out so he didn't step on the train.  The little boy, he was about 6, stopped and looked up at me and his eyes got really big and he said wow!  You're pretty!  My heart melted!  The gown looked alot like this one.


That reminds me of a recent time that does not include a wedding gown at all.  A friend passed away unexpectedly and her husband gave me a gorgeous cape she wore a lot.  It is a dark gray color and I had it on in a convenience store one evening.  This little girl came over by me and said  but you're so beautiful!  Then she went back over to her mom and was talking to her.  The only thing I could think of was her mom had told her I must be an old witch in that cape.  Oh well!
Back to my roommates house.  Later that day we went to another bridal salon where we both tried on a couple dresses.  The only one I remember is this one and then I fell in love with ruffles.



It was around this time I saw a bridal bouquet with tiny lights in it and one made completely out of crystal beads.  Similar to these.  So now I wanted to learn how to do bouquets and I taught myself, this was before the internet... And I have done bouquets for about 12 weddings.  I loved it and still do.  I did some last may for my niece.  They were in navy and gold.  They came out OK I think.

Next time, I will talk about my dream dresses!








No comments:

Post a Comment